Talented Sporting Program
Talented Sporting Program
The Hills Sports High School offers a world-class Talented Sport Program (TSP) designed to provide students who excel in particular sports with elite coaching and an academic framework that enables them to reach both their sporting and academic goals.
The Hills Sports High School recently featured in the Fox Sports Documentary "Once Upon a Sport" and the link can be found here: Hills Sports Feature Foxtel.
Recently the school has been named as one of only seven “Australian Olympic Pathway Schools” by the Australian Olympic Committee as a further commitment to the Brisbance 2032 Games
The Program aggregates talented young sportsmen and women from Sydney's west and northwest in the one school providing them with:
- elite coaching and access to modern sports medicine
- a teaching staff sympathetic to the unique problems of the sporting champion
- special academic programs to assist them in coping with absences caused by their sporting commitments
- the opportunity to complete their secondary education in the company of peers with similar aspirations, lifestyle and interests.
The Talented Sports Program provides students with an opportunity to attain their optimum potential in their chosen sport. It enables them to hone their special talent and obtain a pathway to the Australian Institute of Sport and State, national and Olympic representation.
The school's curriculum provides students with the maximum opportunity to achieve both their academic and sporting goals. No longer will education have to be sacrificed to ensure sporting success.
The provision of HSC Pathways enables students to balance their education and sporting commitments by completing their HSC over several years. This ensures that students have the option of a back-up career if injury or some other factor places them in the position of no longer being able to earn an income from their chosen sport.
Students participating in a TSP are contracted to maintain satisfactory progress in their academic curriculum. A student found to be unsatisfactory at consecutive academic reviews will be withdrawn from the TSP and placed on an improvement program to assist them in restoring their satisfactory status.
ACCESS TO THE TALENTED SPORT PROGRAM
Students applying for a Talented Sport Program placement must demonstrate elite ability in a particular sport and must satisfy high standards in attitude, work habits and academic achievement.
All students seeking placement in a TSP are required to submit an application form (this also applies to local community students). The selection process will include physical and skills testing in their nominated sports in addition to an examination of their school reports.
The school accepts applications throughout the year however so it is never too late.
Selected TSP students pay a non-refundable fitness and administration fee of $100 on their acceptance into the program.
The Annual TSP Fees for 2023 for individual sports will be as follows:
- AFL - $700
- Rugby "7's" - $700
- Athletics - $700
- Rugby Union - $725
- Baseball - $950*
- Soccer - $725
- Cheerleading - $700
- Softball - $950*
- Cricket - $700
- Swimming - $350
- Netball - $700
- Touch Football - $700
- Rugby League - $725
Some more things to note about the program:
- These funds are used to employ qualified coaching and fitness staff, provide equipment and cover administration costs in each sport. The fee also includes the provision of training uniforms for all sports.
- A discount of $50 applies if the annual TSP fee is paid in full by February 17 in Term 1.
- Parents may prefer to pay in two instalments of 50% of the annual fee with the first payment due by Week 4 Term 1 and the second payment due by the end of Term 2.
- Parents should be aware, however, that TSP operates on a user-pays basis and that students cannot be permitted to commence TSP until fees are paid. Discounts are also available to parents with more than one child in the program - enquire at the office for details.
- The application to join the Talented Sports Program can be found here:
Any TSP enquiries can be directed to
Andrew Tetley, Director of Sport: